Associate Professor Emerita of Climatology - Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research
- Tools for Climate-Informed Flood Mitigation (CLIMAS project; ongoing as "The Arizona Flood Project")
- The Current Drought In Context: A Tree-Ring Based Evaluation of Water Supply Variability for The Salt-Verde River Basin (with David Meko in collaboration with Salt River Project)
- A Tree-Ring Based Assessment of Synchronous Extreme Streamflow Episodes in the Upper Colorado & Salt-Verde-Tonto River Basins (with David Meko in collaboration with Salt River Project)
- Merz, B, , J. Aerts, K. Arnbjerg-Nielsen, M. Baldi, A. Becker, A. Bichet, G. Blöschl, L. M. Bouwer, A. Brauer, F. Cioffi, J. M. Delgado M. Gocht, F. Guzzetti, S. Harrigan, K. Hirschboeck, C. Kilsby, W. Kron, H.-H. Kwon, U. Lall, R. Merz, K. Nissen, P. Salvatti, T. Swierczynski, U. Ulbrich, A. Viglione, P. J. Ward, M. Weiler, B. Wilhelm, and M. Nied. Floods and climate: emerging perspectives for flood risk assessment and management, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci. Discuss., 2, 1559-1612, 2014 .
- Norman, L, N Tallent-Halsell, W Labiosa, M Weber, A McCoy, K Hirschboeck, J Callegary, Charles van Riper, and Floyd Gray. Developing an ecosystem services online decision support tool to assess the impacts of climate change and urban growth in the Santa Cruz Watershed, where we live, work, and play, Sustainability 2(7) (July): 2044-2069. doi:10.3390/su2072044, 2010.
- Hirschboeck, K. Future hydroclimatology and the research challenges of a post-stationary world, Journal of Contemporary Water Research and Education, 142:4-9, 2009.
- 1991-present: Assoc. Prof. of Climatology, Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, University of Arizona; Joint Appointments in: Hydrology and Water Resources (1991 – present), Geography and Development (1992 –present), Atmospheric Sciences (2004 – present)
- 2004 - present: Chair, Global Change Graduate Interdisciplinary Program, University of Arizona
- 1990-1991: Assoc. Prof., Dept. of Geography and Anthropology, Louisiana State University
- 1985-1990: Asst. Prof., Dept. of Geography and Anthropology, Louisiana State University
- PhD, Geosciences, University of Arizona, 1985
- MS, Geography, University of Wisconsin, 1975
ATMO Sciences/Climate Modeling