Program Director - Climate Assessment for the Southwest (CLIMAS)
Selected adaptation programs/projects:
- Planning for Local Government Climate Challenges: Connecting Research and Practice
- Tribal Drought Information for Monitoring, Assessment, and Planning (DRI MAP)
- Knowledge to Action: An Assessment of the Transfer of Climate Science to Decision Making
- Meadow, A.M., D.B. Ferguson, Z. Guido, A. Horangic, G. Owen, and T. Wall. 2015. Moving Toward the Deliberate Co-Production of Climate Science Knowledge. Weather Climate and Society. 10.1175/WCAS-D-14-00050.1
- Ferguson, D.B., M.L. Finucane, V.W. Keener, and G. Owen. [In press]. Evaluation to Advance Science Policy: Lessons from Pacific RISA and CLIMAS. In Climate in Context, eds. A. Parris and G. Garfin. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781118474785.ch10
- Ferguson, D.B., R. Thomas, Z. Guido, L. Ethen, C. Zucker, G. Chorover, and R. Johnson. 2014. Planning for Change in Southern Arizona: A report from the Southern Arizona Regional Climate Summit for Municipal Leaders. Tucson: Climate Assessment for the Southwest. www.climas.arizona.edu/publication/report/linking-environmental-research...
- Ferguson, D.B., J. Rice, and C. Woodhouse. 2014. Linking Environmental Research and Practice: Lessons from the Integration of Climate Science and Water Management in the Western United States. Tucson, AZ: Climate Assessment for the Southwest. http://www.climas.arizona.edu/publication/report/linking-environmental-r...
- Meadow, A.M., M. Crimmins, and D.B. Ferguson. 2013. Field of dreams or Dream Team: Assessing two models of drought impact reporting in the semi-arid Southwest. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 94 (10):1507-1517. doi: 10.1175/BAMS-D-11-00168.1.
- Owen, G., J.D. McLeod, C.A. Kolden, D.B. Ferguson, and T. J. Brown. 2012. Wildfire management and forecasting fire potential: The roles of climate information and social networks in the southwest United States. Weather, Climate, and Society, 4 (2):90-102.
- Guido, Z., D. Hill, M. Crimmins, and D.B. Ferguson. 2012. Informing decisions with a climate synthesis product: Implications for regional climate services. Weather, Climate, and Society, 5 (1):83-92.
- Ferguson, D.B., C. Alvord, M. Crimmins, M. H. Redsteer, C. McNutt, M. Hayes, M. Svoboda and R. Pulwarty. 2011. Drought Preparedness for Tribes in the Four Corners Region. A report from NIDIS Four Corners Drought workshop held in Flagstaff, AZ, April 8-9, 2010. Climate Assessment for the Southwest, University of Arizona.
- Ph.D., School of Geography and Development, University of Arizona, 2015
- M.A., American Indian Studies, University of Arizona, 1997
Human Dimensions of Climate Change
Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach
Tribal Adaptation and Science Support