Research Scientist - School of Natural Resources and the Environment, Climate Assessment for the Southwest
Reducing livestock production and legal risks from increased climate variability by co-developing tools for ranch-scale drought detection, 2016-present
- Building Climate Science into Land and Water Conservation Planning and Decision-Making in the American Southwest, 2013-2016
- Scenario Planning for the Central Basin and Range, 2013-2015
- Investigating Institutional Adaptive Capacity to Climate Change in the Tucson region, 2012-2016
- Assessing Regional Climate Service Needs through Cooperative Extension, 2011-2012
- Kirchhoff, C.J., F. Lara-Valencia, J. Brugger, P. Mussetta and N. Pineda-Pablos, 2016.. Towards joint consideration of adaptive capacity and water security: lessons from the arid Americas. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 21: 22-28.Brugger, J., A. Meadow, and A. Horangic , 2016. Lessons from first-generation climate science integrators. Bulletin of the American Meterorological Society, 3(97): 255-265.
- Brugger, J., and M. Crimmins, 2015. Designing institutions to support local-level climate change adaptation: Insights from a case study of the U.S. Cooperative Extension System. Weather, Climate, and Society, 7(1): 18-38.
- Brugger, J., and M. Crimmins, 2013. The Art of Adaptation: Living with climate change in the rural American Southwest. Global Environmental Change, 23(6): 1830-1840.
- Brugger, J., and M. Crimmins, 2012. Weather, Climate, and Rural Arizona: Insights and Assessment Strategies. Technical Input to the U.S. National Climate Assessment. Tucson, AZ.http://www.climas.arizona.edu/publications/2586
- Research Scientist, Climate Assessment of the Southwest, School of Natural Resources and the Environment, University of Arizona, 2013-present
- Assistant Staff Scientist, Climate Assessment of the Southwest, Institute of the Environment, 2011-2013
- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California Davis, 2009-2010
- Ph.D., Anthropology, University of Washington, 2009
Human Dimensions of Climate Change
Natural Resources Management
Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach